
Wyatt, Heath, and Austin

Wyatt, Mykaila, Austin, and McKaylee

"The Princesses"- Mykaila, Aunt Liza, and McKaylee
Heath's brother, Zach, is serving his mission in South Salt Lake. While we were there, we found out that he had been transferred to my brother's in-laws ward. In fact, he was living in their Bishop's garage. The last Sunday we were there, Seth's brother-in-law had his missionary farewell, so we went to church with them. Zach and his companions (yes, he has two right now) walk in nervously looking around. Once he spotted us he had a huge grin on his face. He looks great! During the 2nd hour, Zach and his companions took Wyatt and Mykaila into a room and taught them a discussion. Wyatt and Mykaila thought they were pretty special and enjoyed seeing "Uncle Zach" doing his thing.
Wyatt and Mykaila
We were then able to see them on Tuesday, their P-day. We took them out to lunch and to Ross to get them some new ties. Zach is doing such a great job. He is a great example to his nieces and nephews back home. I remember when Zach was baptized, Heath and I had just started dating. And now to see him on his mission! He is a pretty cool kid:) They are having a lot of success in Utah. You wouldn't think so because it is........Utah. At then end of the month he hopes to have his 50th baptism, and he has only been out 9 months. We had a great time visiting with him and his companions.
Wyatt and Mykaila
Tuesday morning, the day before we were to leave, my mom calls and tells us that Grandpa Rigby passed away that morning at 12:30. We knew it was going to happen soon. He had been fighting his cancer for awhile. So, Heath and the kids flew home on Wednesday as planned and I stayed until Saturday. I am so grateful for my family and the memories that we have with Grandpa Rigby. It was nice to have all of the cousins, except one, together again. Grandpa was a great man who taught us a lot about fishing, patriotism, honesty, service, and the gospel. He and Grandma had just celebrated their 68th wedding anniversary. What a great example they are to us.
How could I forget our night out on the boat. We went to Jordanelle Lake with Jess' (my sister-in-law) brother and his family. We had a great time on the SeaDo's. Can you believe it was my first time? The kids loved it- they would have stayed out all night. Thanks Mike for taking us!
Even though our trip ended on a sad note, we loved every minute of it! Where could we go next time? The cousins are thinking of getting together at Bear Lake for a long weeked- with no kids!!!



3 comments:
WOW! What a trip were you ready to get back home and relax from your vacation :) The first and last time I went jet skiing was with Heath. I had so much fun. I think I had a smile on my face the entire time. I need to go again with my kids and show them how much fun it is :)
hey Liza!! This is Linda Butler (Schlosser)you know the AWESOMEST basketball player in the world. lol How the heck are you doing? Email me your address so I can add you to my blog list. It is set to private so email me at ButlerFam05@gmail.com and our address is ButlerFamily2005.blogspot.com I can't wait to talk to you more!!
I love jetskiing!
Post a Comment