We have had plenty to celebrate over the past few weeks. On August 20th, Wyatt turned 9! He decided to have his party at the Swim Club (because we didn't spend enough time there over the summer:)). It was the easiest party I've ever had to plan for. Everyone showed up to an almost empty pool, we ate pizza and had cupcakes. I have no idea why there weren't very many people there, but Wyatt loved it. They were swimming all over the place. I can't believe he is already 9 years old- where does the time go?
Wyatt entered the 4th grade this year. I asked him Wednesday how school was going and he replied, "Fourth grade is AWESOME!" I am so glad that he is enjoying his classes. For his homeroom teacher he has 1 of the 2 male teachers in the school. He thinks that is pretty cool. All of his teachers are still in their 20's with lots of energy. Wyatt has always enjoyed school and does very well. Last year he had straight A's all year. Over the summer we learned that he received perfect scores on ALL four of his SOL'S (state tests). I am so proud of him and hope that he continues to take pride in his school work.
Heath continues to do well with nursing school. He only has 2 more weeks until he gets a week off. Last week they learned how to do blood pressure. Needless to say, I was the patient that night. I think he practiced about 4 times on each arm. A little word of caution- if Heath is around, beware, he may want to try some procedure on you:). This week he had to take an orange to class to practice giving shots. I told him that I WOULD NOT help him with that one!
School has gotten underway in my lovely class of 25 students. We decided to get a class plant this week. So, one of my room moms brought us a Venus Fly Trap! We named it Jaws. The students are amazed by it. Yesterday we fed it some dead flies and sure enough the mouths snapped shut. It was the coolest thing!
I am sorry there are no pictures on this post. The computer was acting funny and so we sent them all to our Shutterfly account. I can't figure out how to get them from there. Can anyone help me? Hopefully I can get them soon. I have some really cute pictures of Wyatt's birthday party.
5 years ago



2 comments:
It was good to see you were keeping up with your blog. I know how busy you are!!!! Love to read about my kids even though I get a first hand report often. It's still nice to read about you. Love to you all, Mom
Congrats Wyatt. Keep it up.
Tyler
Post a Comment