Thursday, November 6, 2008

We have an Announcement!!


Does that say "pregnant"? Why, yes it does! It has happened!! After seven years of trying, going to specialists, trying two artificial inseminations, it has finally happened---without any help. You can only imagine how shocked, surprised, and at first, overwhelmed we were. On Wednesday, October 29, we had our trunk or treat. I told Heath a couple of days earlier that I thought something was different. I was late and just feeling different. He said, "I think you need to take a test." I thought, yeah, that would probably put my mind at ease knowing that I'm not pregnant. We stopped by Walgreens on the way home and I bought a kit that had 3 tests! I came home, took the test, and it immediately said "pregnant". I just stared at it and didn't say anything. Heath looked at it and said, "Holy Crap!" We just couldn't believe it! I was shaking, Heath was laughing nervously, and Wyatt wanted to know what was going on. So, we said, "Do you want a brother or sister?" He adamantly shook his head yes and smiled. We said, "Well, you are!" He was so excited. He has been asking for the past 6 months if he was ever going to have siblings, so he was more than thrilled.
We called our parents and they were just as shocked as we were. For those of who know what we have gone through and how much we have been fasting and praying for an addition to our family- it is truly a miracle. As we have started thinking about things it really is the most perfect timed pregnancy. I think I am due the first of July. ( I go to the doctor on the 18th). Heath's last day of his summer session in July 3rd and then he has 6 weeks off. I will not have to miss any work. Yes, I do have to go back to work after the baby comes- Heath doesn't have a job! But, we are so thankful that mom and dad are retired and mom is willing to help out. We also can't help but think that Grandpa Rigby helped get this little one here (he passed away in August). Our favorite holiday that we always spent with him was the Fourth of July (due at the beginning of July). A sister in our ward often talks about how there are no coincidences, just small miracles. My heart is full of gratitude and we feel so blessed in so many ways. We appreciate all the prayers that have been said on our behalf over the years. Prayers are answered and our Heavenly Father does have a plan for each of us.
Posted by Picasa

15 comments:

San said...

Thats really nice! Congrats !!! When I read, I remembered my mom telling me, "People think that getting a child is easy! But it is never in our hands and is always a miracle and a God's gift!" True! I am the first daughter, and guess what! I have a sis who is 11 years younger to me! And I love her like anything! A gift which came after a very long time I can say!

Heather Edwards said...

Congratulations, I know you guys have been trying for a very long time. I'm so excited for you.

Amy said...

I haven't stopped smiling since you told me this news! Just ask Heath about the way I screamed at him on the phone in excitement! CONGRATS!

joel and laura michelle said...

WOAH!! Best News Ever!! i know i already told you, but we are just soo thrilled for your family. and we do believe in miracles. i read a great quote the other day (sorry i can't source it) that," don't hope for miracles, EXPECT MIRACLES." this little angel is a miracle. stay healthy! much love

josh.sandra.ava.davis.ella said...

laura just sent me the link to your blog with this great news - congratulations!! and thanks for a good early morning cry and reminder that miracles are everywhere (even if they are 7 years apart!)

laurie said...

OH MY GOODNESS!!! I am crying and it is not postpartum! I am SOOOOO happy for you guys!!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!

amcoxx said...

OMG - CONGRATULATIONS!!! Can you hear me screaming?!! Expect a call from me tonight!

Becca said...

HORRAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't think I could put enough exclamations on that. :) We are so excited for you guys and pray for you every night. I'm sure that Grandpa was watching out for your little one, he needs someone to come down and play those three of a kinds! ;) Love you guys!!!

Emily said...

OH MY GOSH!!! I am so thrilled for you, what wonderful news. Congratulations again and again!

Mike said...

I am so excited for you guys. The Lords hand is definitely working.

Let us know if you need anything.

Mike

Brooke said...

Liza, I'm so excited for you guys! This post put a big smile on my face. Congratulations! Please keep me posted.

michelledudley said...

such great great news! Our whole family is sensitive to 'baby delays' and we are so happy that a miracle has come to your family!
much love
michelle dudley

Chip, Emily, Jackson and Madelyn Kate said...

Congratulations!! We are so happy for you!!

Butler Family said...

Oh my heck!! I am so excited for you guys!! I know where you are coming from. We are having our own problems concieving as well. So we just think like you guys do that if it is meant to happen it will!!! If not atleast we have one special little boy that is a miracle already. But I am so excited for you guys!!! Yay!!

The Good Life said...

Oh my gosh, how exciting!!! Your Mom told me last week and she is absolutly thrilled....congrats and if you need an extra sitter you know who to call!