Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Sad News

Most of you have already heard through my mom or our family. After a week of tests and not being able to find a heartbeat I had a final ultrasound on Monday and discovered that the pregnancy was not viable. As the doctors (all 3 were in there at the same time) were explaining to me what was happening I just kept thinking, "This isn't happening to me." I was so grateful that Heath was there with me and able to provide some comfort. I had a D&C yesterday and am recovering fairly well. The hardest part for me was telling Wyatt that there wasn't going to be a baby. He was sad and then his kind-hearted cousin, Josh, told him, 'Wyatt you know why you're mom isn't having the baby? Because it was already so special it didn't need to come to earth." That gave Wyatt some comfort. It has been a hard week with roller-coaster emotions. But at this time of Thanksgiving, we are very blessed and I realize more everyday what a miracle Wyatt has been in our lives. I thank you for all of your support and prayers at this time. We will be able to get through this. Love you all!

7 comments:

Dan said...

I'm so sorry to hear this news.

Becca said...

I think what Josh told Wyatt will help us all to understand this. We love you guys!

Krista said...

We love you so much, and you are in our prayers as well!

Angie said...

I am soo sorry to hear the sad news, you are in my thoughts. We love you also. Don't stop, keep strong, and keep going.

Butler Family said...

I am so sorry to hear the sad news. You and your family will be kept in our thoughts and prayers!!! I hope that you all have a great week:)

laurie said...

I am so sorry Liza. Wyatt is a very special little boy.

joel and laura michelle said...

we love you all and continue to pray for you!